Are you moving soon but not sure where to start? With 15 years of experience helping people move, Four Guys And A Truck moving company has some valuable tips. Read on to learn how your move can run more smoothly!
Tips For A Smooth Move:
- Moving is a great opportunity to go through your belongings and decide what's trash or treasure. Make a list of all the items youdon't want to bring with you when you move. Then contact Big Brothers Big Sisters, Goodwill, or your local resale store to take these items off your hands.
2. Tally all the major items youdo want to bring when you move. Call us with that information. We will help you on the size of the truck and the number of guys you need for your move. This way, we can give you a more accurate quote.
3. Make Four Guys And A Truck aware of any obstacles we may encounter at either location. For example: elevators, truck access, low clearances, etc.
4. Pack thoroughly using boxes that are appropriate to the size/amount of the items inside. Use packing supplies such as newspaper, packing paper, bubble wrap, or towels and linens for your more fragile belongings. Painters tape and sharpies are your friends!
If packing seems too overwhelming or stressful, call us to request Four Guys And A Truck packing services.
5. Try to have a person at the destination location to help direct the placement of your belongings. This is a great way to save time!
6. Before your move, take pictures of each room. We are creatures of habit. More often than not, you will want to recreate that look on the other end. This also helps with placement of furniture and estimating the size needed for it.
Tips for Smooth Move
Don't be overwhelmed with preparing for a local or long-distance move when you make Four Guys And A Truck moving company your planner. Backed by more than 15 years of experience in the industry, we'll provide you with helpful hints and tips to make preparing a breeze.
Tips to make your